Friday, December 17, 2010

It's almost Christmas




Yay! School is out, and Elise doesn't go back till January 18th! Pretty awesome! To start off the Christmas break we made cookies, wrapped presents and are about to watch a Christmas movie!

The picture is Elise's and Jovi's first time on Santa's lap!! Woohoo Elise, her first Christmas not afraid to sit on his lap!
This season has been so fun with her, she is really getting into it, wanting to Christmas shop, wrap presents, look at lights. It has been so fun!
Brian has been out of town for a few days, which has been kinda fun and lonely all at once. For one, mental note to Tara: Don't watch a scary movie before you go to bed you dork, it results in pocket knife under your pillow (apartments are loud!). On a more positive note, I have been getting some projects done that I have put off FOREVER, which I have to say feels so good.
Elise got her first award at school today, which we are so proud of her for! There were about 7 out of the 25 in her class that got one. Hers was for: Outstanding student,careful worker, Consistent work in everything and very responsible.
Elise has shown all kinds of interest in church, and has been asking so many questions. Her most recent thought was: "You know, That really isn't fair that we didn't get to see Jesus when he was a baby!" Yeah, that would have been fun huh? " I know, and I would bring him my toys for my gift! Did you get to see him as a baby mommy?" No Elise, that was 2,000 years ago. "Oh....were you alive then?" Huh....no.
This morning I made Elise breakfast. After I handed it to her I said, "How is it?" She tried it and thought for a second and said, "Pretty salty", What, really? "Yeah......but that's okay mommy, it's a.......... good salty!" She is so sweet!

We spent Thanksgiving in El Paso which was alot of craziness and fun! There were 4 babies and 3 little kids! It was a full house but it was alot of fun and went too fast! We were very lucky that everyone could make the trip, and for a whole week!

1 comment:

Brenna King said...

You're too cute. A pocket knife under your pillow made me laugh. And Elise really is a sweetheart, I can just picture her saying those things :)