So.....we are living in Temecula, Ca. right now. It's Brian's hometown, so he's in heaven. Well, and I'm starting to really like the place too. It cools down to 69 degrees at night (in the house) when you leave the windows open and during the day it's in the 90's- in July. SO different from Arizona! We're living accross a meadow- so Brian and I have been doing morning jogs and walks which is alot of fun and exhilarating.
That child!
Elise!!!! Wo that girl!! She is getting so big!! She'll be 3 in a month! 3 going on 14. Seriously, this girl thinks she's an adult. When you tell her to eat her dinner, she says, "you eat your dinner". When you say,"Stay here with grandma, I'm going shopping", she says, "no I want to go shopping!" (Not even toy shopping, CLOTHES) And when she goes shopping she'll hold clothes up to me and go, "oh how cute! I like this one". While we were shopping about a week ago I was looking at some throw pillows and Elise walked on the other side of the aisle, like she was shopping. And I told her to come by me because I couldn't see her, so she says, "Come here mom, I can't see you!" Finally when I got her to come over she just says, "What mom?" And I tell her she needs to stay by me......so she swings her purse onto her shoulder, sighs, puts her hand on her waist and walks in front of me. Ha ha...but she still has our hearts and is quite cute when out of nowhere she says, "guess what? I love my mommy" or "Mommy, you make me so happy". Love that girl!
Brian has been working for Edward Jones (voted #4 in Fortunes magazine for top 100 best companies to work for) which we're pretty excited about. He does investments, 401k's, IRA acct., the works. It's a good company, It's definately one of those 'work your butt off, sweat, sacrifice, go broke' type of jobs that can end up being awesome (only if you do all of the above).....So yeah. Brian's also been training for a 6k swim/run he's doing today..... .67 mile swim in the ocean, and 3 mile run, and then next month it will be 1.5 swim to Alcatraz then 7 mile run across the golden gate bridge! I'm so proud of him! And my Pops is doing it with him! Exciting!!!!! Brian is seriously like Superman!
I've been finding every little free activity possible for me and Elise this summer! And I've found quite a bit...the ward does 2x a week swim days, the mall does craft days on Thursdays, and the movie theatre does tuesday and wednesday free movies @ 10 am, and then there is story lady at the library once a week.
I have been doing pretty good at working out! Yay! I was so slacking since college. I've been doing my dance classes again- Rumba, salsa, swing, and hip hop! I always feel so good after sweating like a pig! It's awesome. Brian has signed me up to kinda be his secretary for now...so I'm entering his contacts, sending out thank you's and scheduling appointments. It'll be nice to have some extra money and take some work off his shoulders.
No comments:
Post a Comment