Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas is over.........which it almost doesn't even feel like it happened! It went by very fast. Plus, this year was our first year not being in our own home during the Christmas holidays, so that kinda changes alot. I know I know.....still milking the living in with the parentals. What can I say! Supposedly we should be moving into our new home (apt) within the next two weeks. At least that's the plan. It's what Elise calls, "Our Blue house", in her prayers.

Brian is doing pretty good with work, you know he is actually pretty good at anything he puts his mind to, lucky guy. He loves to get in some weight lifting, raquetball, basketball, or pretty much any sport with his free time. He's such a boy :0) .
Elise is getting so big and saying so many different crazy things.....I just can't believe how smart she is. The other day there was a guy asking for money in front of Target with a sign saying he was from some sort of shelter, raising money. And please don't think I'm terrible , but I usually don't give them money because I just don't know how legit any of that is...I mean I could make a sign out of cardboard that says I was raising money for the battered womens shelter and not shower for a week, and then go home and show Brian all the money I made. Plus I pay my tithing :0). So I try to dodge them without making eye contact cause I feel kinda awkward but Elise points at them and yells," Mom, put money in his bucket!!! Give him money mommy!!!" Right, thanks Elise.....here's 3 quarters....geeze
So I happened accross some awesome stuff and have set myself some New Years goals.... I am quite inspired and must share my insight!!!!
* Just for today, I will live through this day only. i will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if i had to keep it up for a lifetime.
*Just for today I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
*Just for today I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things that I can correct and accept those I cannot.
*Just for today I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
*Just for today, I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I'll improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interupt when someone else is talking. I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.
*Just for today I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.

Something else I would like to think of is from a St. Francis prayer:

"Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned."

5 comments:

Amy Snell said...

yeah!! you have a blog!! I can show you how to make it all cute!!

Tara Schrock said...

SWEET!!! NEXT TIME WE GET TOGETHER!!

coolhandluke said...

those are some really good goals. That's hilarious about Elise, I can't wait till our kids do that.

don&janet said...

Wow, thanks for helping me out with some great goals this year! You are wonderful and a wonderful mother! You are also hillarious!I love you bunches!

Mrs. Schrock said...

Sweet Blog - Love the flowers