Easter was alot of fun. Brian had a 3 day weekend, which started with a bang (literally). Brian started his break with an intense leg workout using dumbells during squats. He pulled his muscle pretty bad and needless to say he had an old man sore back the last four days. I've loved watching him grab the table or chair to bend over and awkwardly pick something up... it's a sneak peek to our distant future :0) .
We drove down to Brian's parents' on Saturday. After lunch, Elise and I left with Grandma and Lorin to Granny's Attic. It's a gem in Temecula filled with random treasures. It is used and new antiques and collectibles in a decorated warehouse with 50,60, and 70's music playing. They have everything from old records, girdles, Wash sinks, sofas and jewelry to toys. I felt like I was walking through the past and couldn't help but tap my feet to the music, smile and let my mind roam to some magical era. So many items reminded me of my Grandma Geitz's house and her many trinkets. So many fun memories of growing up and playing in her house. I also found a McDonald's toy that I had when I was 8. It was a plastic 80's barbie with crimped hair that I had LOVED. And well I had to pay the .80 cents to get it! For some odd reason it made me so happy to find it and brought back a pool of memories I had forgotten. When I got home Elise wanted to play with it, but I just said, "this is Mommy's toy".
That night Brian's dad treated us all to heavely fresh mex at Wahoo's. I am in love with Fresh mex... Baja Fresh is the best and has an awesome salsa bar, yes it is a party in my mouth! Later that night we rented the most confusing and badly written movie ever, don't see 'Fair Game' such a waste of time!
Sunday morning the girls woke up nice and early at 6:30. They were very excited to look through their Easter baskets; Elise got a Tangled book, doll and the movie, and Jovi got a movie and book as well... the stuffed animal she got was shoved aside when we showed it to her, as she moved over to grab her kitty, oh well :0).
We all got ready for church and the girls' dresses turned out all right I think, I learned quite a bit from making them, things I would or wouldn't do again. But I made them without a pattern and only using old T-shirts, so considering my resources they weren't too bad. We went to Bethanie and Jareds' ward because Jared was singing in sacrament meeting. He sang "The Greatest Gift" by Afterglow which was just beautiful, it was perfect for Easter.
After a little bit of lazying around, since I had lovely intense allergies, we had a very nice dinner and TONS of candy. The kids did their Easter egg hunt which was fun, then we all played games. I like hanging out with family, especially for holidays because it reminds me of growing up and my uncles hiding the Easter eggs in their front shirt pockets and the cousins parading off to play while the adults visited. I love that my kids have that. On the way back home we stopped at a friends' house to visit for about an hour which was so nice, our kids got to all talk about their Easter baskets, the Brians talked about cars and what not and Amy and I got to talk about girly/ mother things, good times.
1 comment:
Oh it sounds like so much fun! And Tara their dresses and headbands are adorable!! So cute, I've been wanting to make some headbands like that, I'll just have to try :)
Post a Comment